This is Edgewood’s signature community-building event! Families are invited to eat dinner, play carnival games, take their chances with raffle baskets and the wine wall, and get silly during the Cake Walk and the Disco dance. Students look forward to this event all year. The money raised during Fun Night funds dozens of PTA programs.
Frequently Asked Questions about the auction
Q: WHERE CAN I FIND THE AUCTION?
A: In the cafeteria where your kids eat lunch
Q: HOW DO I BID?
A: You will be given a number when you go into the auction. To bid on something you just write that number on the bid sheet by what you want and write your $ bid amount.
Q: ARE THERE REALLY THINGS I WILL WANT?!
A: Yes! We have many great items like bikes, skateboard, scooter, BBQ and picnic sets, gardening and yard care baskets, a big cast iron dutch oven for camping, summer fun water toys, homemade baby blankets, baseball and soccer swag, and lots more!
Q: WHAT ABOUT GIFT CERTIFICATES?
A: There are many many gift cards for places you go anyway, so it’s a great way to support your school. Buy the gift cards for groceries, for example, and the money goes to the school, meanwhile you don’t spend any extra money!!!
Q: DO I HAVE TO HANG OUT ALL NIGHT TO WIN?
A: No. If you have the winning bid, we can keep the item for you even if you aren’t there at 8:00. We will get in touch with you over the weekend or Monday and can meet at school.
If you buy something for the “buy now price”, you can pay and take your item anytime during the evening.
If you are there when bidding closes, we will get your winnings together as quickly as possible, collect money and send you home with your swag Friday evening!
Q: WHEN DOES BIDDING CLOSE?
A: Bidding will close at 7:30 and we will start letting people pick up and pay at 7:45.
Q: DO I HAVE TO HAVE CASH?!
A: No, we will accept cash, checks, or credit cards this year!!
Q: DOES MY PARTICIPATION REALLY MATTER?
A: Yes! Absolutely every person’s participation matters a lot! We are thankful for the generosity of so many local business owners and the dedication of the silent auction volunteers, but now it’s up to YOU to make this event a success by making your way to the auction and finding some prizes for yourself and your family! You could even do some gift shopping while there!
If you have any more questions, please email Robin Detmer at email@example.com she will be happy to answer.
How to Volunteer
Our annual school carnival and silent auction features carnival games, beautiful raffle baskets, food trucks, snacks, disco, wine wall, and more! Here’s how families will be invited to participate:
* Classroom Carnival Booth: Families will be asked to sign up for shifts setting up and decorating a carnival game booth.
* Classroom Baskets: Classrooms will be sponsoring a theme basket to be raffled at Edgewood Fun Night. Families are asked to donate items to the basket.
* Silent Auction: Edgewood Families with businesses are welcome to donate gift certificates or merchandise to be included in the silent auction. Donations can be taken to the school office, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
* Bookcycle: Families can donate books to be sold for tickets at the event. Leftover books go to the school library, with the excess going to a local bookmobile. A collection tub will be placed in front of the office Monday, April 18th.
* Freecycle: Families can donate clothing and shoes that will be available to all at the event. A collection tub is currently in front of the office.
Additional ways to participate: Planning and event volunteers are necessary to make this a memorable night for all -contact email@example.com if you would like more information about helping.