Please Click Here to Start your Registration
(be sure to select Edgewood Community PTA from the list)
The Edgewood PTA meets every 3rd Tuesday of the month (except in December and June the meeting is the 2nd Tuesday) from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Edgewood library. Everyone is welcome, even if you have not paid membership dues.
Please consider paying the $10 PTA membership dues so that you can vote in new officer elections, budget decisions and other PTA business. Your membership shows that we have an active, thriving parent-teacher association and gives us more opportunities for programs and improvements at Edgewood in the future!
Why Join the PTA?
There are so many benefits to joining the Edgewood PTA. Below are just some of the reasons:
- Benefits your child and the school. Research has proven that kids do better in school when parents are involved. Grades are higher, test scores improve, and attendance increases.
- Connects you to a network. The PTA and its functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport, and discuss ideas.
- Means more informed parents. Parents involved in the PTA understand the challenges schools face and become part of the solution. They support improving education – both locally and legislatively – and as a result, schools develop a positive reputation in the community.
- Boosts children’s well-being. PTAs focus on what students need in order to be successful in school, including the benefits of good nutrition and health, physical fitness, school safety – even starting the day with a nutritious breakfast.
- Gets you connected and gives you a voice. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school than by being part of the PTA. Because the PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions, and in this way, more effectively create change at your school.
- Improves your skills. By volunteering with the PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a great cause!
- Results in school improvement. PTAs play an important role in fundraising, which provides building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events – all vital to a school’s success.
- Makes you a good role model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child(ren) the importance you place on education.